August 22, 2017
By: Erica Rose
The dreaded (by the rest of the EPC I mean!!) Parkland girl’s volleyball team is back and loaded once again. Despite having the lowest number of girls come out, the Trojans return several girls with state playoff experience. But how can they not with how often they have been there!? Oh you don’t know, well this should give you an idea of how good they have been over the past few years:
- Played in 5 of the last 6 State Championships, winning 3 gold medals and 2 silvers.
- They have had 3, of the last 5 PA Gatorade Player of the Year.
- Won 7 of the last 9 League Titles
- Won 6 of the last 7 District Titles
- Currently have 114 consecutive regular season matches dating back to 2009
- A record of 170-6 over the last 7 seasons.
But what’s so great about this team is that they are still as humble as ever. They work hard day in and day out, they WANT to get better and they know nothing is a given. Head Coach Mike Krause, has done an excellent job with this program and he gives a lot of credit to his coaching staff. The Trojans were stunned last year by Liberty when they lost in the EPC Title game and they want to make sure that won’t happen again. Another contender, once again will be Central Catholic, who won the 3A State title last season. It should be a great volleyball season in the EPC, with so many teams getting better and better. In fact, they don’t have to look outside the conference to get great competition. As Mike Krause said, anyone who comes out of the EPC has a great shot at winning a state title at the end of the year. He is just hoping the Trojans are one of those teams.